- Location: London
- Clip Details: Barry from Watford at Watford Palace Theatre 2010
- Clip Page URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOvkhppt5hg
- Gender: Male
- Gig Price in £ (30 mins): Band-3:1k-5k
- Act Content: Primetime-TV-compatible
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/barryfromwat
- Your Twitter name:
- For LIVE or CORPORATE phone: Mike Leigh on 020 7935 5500
- For ALL OTHER enquiries phone: 020 7935 5500
Please mention ComedyCaster when you call.
Alex Lowe as Barry from Watford has performed three live hit shows since 2006. The Pleasance, Edinburgh and Watford Palace Theatre – “Let’s Talk To Barry” about the changing face of suburban Britain and “Let’s Get On With It”; an antidote to the recession. In 2010 he performed The Barry from Watford Comedy Show at the Leicester Square Theatre.
For TV Barry was taken under the wing of Marcus Brigstocke, making regular appearances on his topical Late Edition comedy show for BBC4(2007) and since June 2009, he has been a regular feature in the form of “lifestyle guru” on Steve Wright in the Afternoon, BBC Radio 2.
He also regularly contributes to Iain Lee’s Absolute Radio Show.
He currently appears regularly on the stand up circuit in London and the South East.
“I’ve become addicted to Barry from Watford on Steve Wright’s Radio 2 show….He’s a comedic genius whose talent is impossible to explain or describe.”
Matthew Parris Radio Times July 3rd-10th 2010
“An endearing, enduring creation” Chortle
“A perfect piece of observational comedy,in the style of Alan Bennett’s Talking Heads *****” gigreviewscotland.net
“Alex Lowe’s stunning creation” Time Out.
“A wonderfully observed monologue starring Alex Lowe…A beautiful piece that manages to be both poignant and very funny.” Evening Standard