- Location: North West
- Clip Details: Brendan Riley - YouTube Clips
- Clip Page URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhiaOWBAkA8&feature=relmfu
- Gender: Male
- Gig Price in £ (30 mins): Band-2:500-1k
- Act Content: For-over-18s-only
- Height Category: 5ft07-5ft10
- Build: Slim
- Playing Age: 36-45
- Appearance: Caucasian-Medium
- Nationality: English
- Accents: Liverpudlian (native)
- Languages: English, Scouse
- Website: http://brendanriley.co.uk
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/BrenRileyComedy
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bren.riley.77
- Chortle: http://www.chortle.co.uk/comics/b/52/brendan_riley
- Skills: Ex motorcycle racer, full car and motorcycle licence, ex car mechanic.
- For all enquiries phone: 07770 591625
Please mention ComedyCaster when you contact this artist.
Brendan Riley Biog
There’s nothing bland or predictable about this stand-up comic. Brendan’s Liverpudlian accent and lively blend of anecdotes, gags and inspired improvisation brings a refreshing blast of cheerful North Western humour and makes him a sought after headline act and MC.
Stand up comic
2012 – Brendan is a regular host at the Rawhide Comedy Club in Liverpool as well as one of the most sought after acts for the Jongleurs and Highlight chains of comedy clubs. He is a popular headline act who can perform up to 40 minute sets as well as solo theatre shows (2 hours with interval and support). He can regularly be heard on the BBC Radio 5 Live show and in 2012 was part of the BBC Radio 5 Live Celebrity Shirt Swap for Sport Relief.
- 2011 – Took over full responsibility for producing the Southport Comedy Festival including hosting the Southport Theatre Comedy Gala with Jason Manford in aid of the Help For Heroes Charity.- 2010 – ‘Happiness’ solo show at the Liverpool and Southport comedy festivals. Gigged around the UK and abroad including Ireland, Cyprus Decompression gigs and autumn 2010 in China and Hongkong.- 2009 performed at the City of Culture Linz in Austria at their opening ceremony and completed 5 tours entertaining returning troops at the Cyprus Decompression base.
- 2008 – commissioned to write and perform ‘The Hyena Stomp Comedy Tour’ for Liverpool Tate Gallery, the only other comedian to be commissioned was Alexei Sayle / Comedy Shop On Tour – UK venues various / Happy Days solo show sell out at Southport Festival / hosted Liverpool City of Culture press launch
- Liverpool 3 show (with Simon Bligh & Steve Gribbin) – sell out Liverpool Comedy Festival
- Kulture Vulture’ solo show sell out at Liverpool Comedy Festival,- Royal Court Theatre ‘Best of Liverpool’ show (host)
- International bookings include Singapore and Dubai.
- Liverpool, Leicester and Edinburgh Festivals – ‘Comedy Sushi’ (solo show)
- Edinburgh Fringe Sunday (host) & Festival Fringe Launch party (featured performer)
- C4 So You Think You’re Funny (regional host)
- UK tour ‘The Perfect Match’ live comedy gameshow (host)
- BBC New Act Of The Year (regional host)
- Santa Pod bikers rally (host)
- Isle of Man tour during TT Races
- Liverpool and Birmingham Comedy Festivals – solo show ‘comedy sushi’
- Royal Court Theatre ‘Best of Liverpool’ show (guest performer)
“unpretentious likeability … gregarious, enthusiastic, cheeky and talkative … Riley can be relied on to do the job required of him – to make the audience laugh” Chortle
“One of the brighter names from the North West .. a great compere” Guardian
“incredibly refreshing” **** Metro
‘Irreverent, inventive and most importantly hilarious’ Liverpool Daily Post
“excellent interaction with the audience … A+ to Mr Riley” BBC online
“Brendan Riley does the business … bouncy and engaging” The Scotsman
“ Worth the price of the admission alone .. Scouse wit and raconteur who holds the show together and doesn’t so much warm up the crowd as set them on fire” Lancashire Evening Post
“I have never, ever seen so many bikers crying tears of laughter in my life” 100% Biker Mag
TV & radio credits – comedy performer:
Gagging For It (Granada)
Funny Business (C4)
Look North West (BBC)
Stand Up (Granada)
Pebble Mill (BBC)
Spanking New on 7 (BBCR7)
The Next Big Thing (BBC)
TV & radio credits – presenter / writer
2010 – BBCR5Live – guest appearances on various shows covering subjects ranging from discussing accents to what makes us happy.
2008 -BBCR4 – A Sense Of Liverpool – commissioned piece about City Of Culture’s comedy history. Guest appearances on BBC Merseyside, CityTalk and Dune fm. Also co-hosted pilot show with Tom Binns for new fm station City Talk.
2007 – BBC Wales with Rhod Gilbert, BBC Radio Merseyside with Linda Mcermott and Billy Butler, BBC Radio Leeds and R5Live.
2005 – 2006 incl.- BBCR Merseyside ‘Life Of Riley’ guest slot + ‘Comedy Correspondent’
2006 – City Radio guest presenter over a number of weeks with Neil Atkinson.
2005 – BBCR Merseyside Liverpool Festival ‘Comedy Correspondent’ daily section
Juice FM – co-presented weekly comedy show
Men & Motors (Granada TV)
The Close Guide (Discovery)
What’s New (Granada) – wrote and presented preview on Manchester Festival)
Funny Business training workshops and courses are a unique, innovative and highly effective way to develop transferable skills in staff members. Delivered by Brendan and The Comedy Trust, the organisation behind the Liverpool Comedy Festival and in association with Rawhide Comedy Club, Funny Business training programmes promote team building and staff morale as well as a whole host of other benefits.
For more info: http://www.thecomedytrust.com/index.php/funny-business
Spotlight view No: 5657-7832-5434