- Location: London
- Clip Details: Charlie Baker at the Comedy Store
- Clip Page URL: http://youtu.be/BhhAj_iZTWc
- Gender: Male
- Act Content: Family-friendly
- Height Category: 5ft07-5ft10
- Build: Large
- Playing Age: 26-35
- Appearance: Caucasian-Dark
- Nationality: English
- Accents: Devon (native), American-New York, American-Standard, Australian, Belfast, Bradford, Bristol, Cockney, Cornwall, Liverpool, London, Northern, Oxfordshire, RP, Somerset, West Country, Yorkshire
- Website: http://charliebakerlive.com/
- Chortle: http://www.chortle.co.uk/comics/c/346/charlie_baker
- Singing: Baritone
- Musical Instruments: Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Ukulele, Banjolele, Harmonica
- Skills: Juggling, Canoe, Cricket, Darts, Football, Golf, Stage Combat, Tennis
- For LIVE or CORPORATE phone: Just The Tonic on 020 7255 6136
- For ALL OTHER enquiries phone: Debi Allen Associates on 020 7255 6123
Please mention ComedyCaster when you call.
Charlie Baker is “a superior take on the modern showman” – The Guardian
Award winning stand up Charlie Baker performs at the world’s best comedy venues including: The Comedy Store, The Glee Club, Covent Garden Comedy Club, Comedy Cafe, Chuckle Club, Big Night Out, Highlight, Jongleurs, Just the Tonic, Christian Knowles and Off the Kerb.
His 2009 debut Edinburgh show The Worlds Greatest Show Off won the Mervyn Stutter Spirit of the Fringe award.
Charlie has performed countless tv warm-up slots notably for Friday Night with Jonathon Ross, Mock the Week , Would I Lie To You and Never Mind the Buzzcocks.
Charlie is becoming a regular face on panel shows and appeared on the most recent series of Never Mind the Buzzcocks – this progression from warm-up to guest is a testament to his considerable talent. Focusing on his TV work has definitely paid off and at the end of 2010 Charlie appeared as a regular guest on 8 out of the 10 episodes of ITV4′s new series Richard Bacon’s Beer and Pizza Club.
Charlie recorded a set at The Comedy Store which aired in January 2011 as part of Comedy Central’s new series of The Comedy Store. In May 2011 he was a guest on ITV show Odd One In and also appeared on The Rob Brydon Show on BBC performing some stand up material.
Charlie Baker is a versatile talent, not only a much in demand stand-up comedian and compere, but also an accomplished, highly acclaimed Jazz singer and musician (solo, and with The Charlie Baker Band). His music career has seen him perform with The John Wilson Orchestra, The Syd Lawrence Orchestra and The Ted Heath Big Band.
This versatility was famously highlighted in Let’s Dance for Comic Relief in which he famously won with Emmerdales James Thornton , defeating favourite Russell Kane with their tap routine and raising over one million pounds for Comic Relief.
Charlie graduated from the LAMDA 3 year classical acting course in 1997 and also trained with The National Youth Theatre. He has acted on both stage (The Almeida, Chichester Festival Theatre) and screen (The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, The Long Firm on BBC1 , The IT Crowd on Channel 4) and Doctor Who .
Charlie was recently reviewed by Luke Milford on www.gigglebeats.co.uk
“Charlie Baker, commanded the stage with ease and looked comfortable in front of the audience. He knocked drunken hecklers down left right and centre, while coming across as a very funny man too. His unique brand of observational comedy, mixed in with Jazz outbursts, was entertaining and extremely well received by the crowd “ in a matter of minutes, Baker had the crowd riled up and ready for the first act of the evening.”