- Location: Anglia
- Clip Details: Doug Segal on Dutch TV
- Clip Page URL: http://youtu.be/5h0zoSLnZfk
- Gender: Male
- Gig Price in £ (30 mins): Band-2:500-1k
- Act Content: Primetime-TV-compatible
- Height Category: 5ft11-6ft02
- Build: Large
- Playing Age: 36-45
- Appearance: Caucasian-Dark
- Nationality: English
- Accents: London
- Website: http://corporateentertaimentlondon.co.uk/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/doug_segal
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dougsegalfanpage
- Training: Other
- Singing: Tenor
- Skills: Mind reading
- For all enquiries phone: 0771 288 5073
Please mention ComedyCaster when you contact this artist.
Doug is the most exciting of the new breed of contemporary British “Mind Readers” or “Psychological Entertainers” but is probably best marked out as being the only one with a sense of humour. He has been described by TimeOut magazine as “the UK’s best kept entertainment secret”
Constantly in demand Doug performs at corporate events, theatres, comedy clubs, universities, arts festivals as well as trade show work, conference hosting and awards ceremony hosting.
Doug is not a magician, clairvoyant or a hypnotist, everything he does is achieved though application of psychological principles, suggestion techniques, misdirection, understanding the human mind, and “cheating and lying”.
Having worked as an Advertising Psychologist for many years, Doug decided to “use his powers for good instead of evil” and now employs his persuasion skills to entertain rather than sell beans.
He has had 14 night sell-out runs of public shows at both London’s Barons Court Theatre, and the Jermyn Street Theatre, Piccadilly smashing the former venue’s seventeen year box office record in the process.
He is currently midway through a critically acclaimed tour “I Know What you Are Thinking”
TimeOut magazine were kind enough to describe his show as – “Miraculous”.
Having seen Doug’s show on many occasions from the wings Ron Phillips, the Artistic Director of The Baron’s Court Theatre, felt he had finally discovered Doug’s secret and stated his theory as follows – “This man reads minds”.
A highlight in Doug’s international TV career was being chosen by the BBC to “see in” the New Year with Claire Balding and Natasha Kaplinski, performing live to 9.5 million viewers on the BBC ONE New Years Live Show.
Claire was moved to say on air that that Doug was “Incredible, I don’t know how you are doing what you are doing, but you do it incredibly well”.
Robert Jensen, Holland’s most famous and favourite TV chat show host, is a huge fan of Doug and said: “I don’t know how you did that, I won’t sleep for about two days. You are the best I’ve ever seen”.
One of Doug’s appearances on Robert’s chat show “Jensen!” was voted the “Best TV moment on Dutch TV in September 2007” by the readers of Dutch leading quality daily newspaper “Volkskrant”
“A solid hour of unflagging amusement … I’ve seen Derren Brown live before now, and I can honestly say I enjoyed Segal’s show more ” (4 STARS FringeGuru)
“a fantastic entertainer – very highly recommended” (4 STARS Fringe Review)
“Doug has to be seen to be believed.” (4 STARS EADT)
“Funny and affable” (Itchy Edinburgh)
“Imagine if Derren Brown was funny” (Evening Standard)
• BBC One – Two live 10min spots on BBC ONE New Years Live with Natasha Kaplinski & Claire Balding. The audience of 9.5 million live viewers is a record for any performer of this type in the UK and a worldwide record for live performance.
• BBC3 – Mischief. Together with presenter Becca Wilcox Doug performed a live show and tricked an audience of students into giving up all of their darkest secrets on camera.
• CBBC – The Slammer.
• Nippon TV – “London Entertains”. A Japanese showcase of the best UK stage acts.
• RTL5 – Holland’s highest rating chat show Jensen! Doug is a regular guest on the show which has made him extremely well known and popular in Holland despite not speaking a word of Dutch!
• De Laatste Show – Top rated Belgian talk show