- Location: London
- Clip Details: Ian Hawkins and friend make biscuits
- Clip Page URL: http://youtu.be/tOkboBjnEq8
- Gender: Male
- Gig Price in £ (30 mins): Band-1:500-and-under
- Act Content: Primetime-TV-compatible
- Height Category: 5ft07-5ft10
- Build: Medium
- Playing Age: 26-35
- Appearance: Caucasian-Medium
- Nationality: English
- Accents: RP, Essex, Estuary
- Languages: English, French, BSL
- Website: http://mrhawkins.co.uk
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/sillymrhawkins
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ian-Hawkins/220763814603787
- Training: University
- Musical Instruments: Piano, guitar, double bass
- Skills: Full clean licence
- For all enquiries phone: 020 7907 2800
Please mention ComedyCaster when you call.
Ian spent 18 months writing jokes for Jeremy Vine on BBC1′s Politics Show (none of which were used, but all of which he was paid for), Loose Ends and The Treatment, a little-known programme on 5 Live that was described by Heat as ‘***** Quite simply week in, week out, the best show on the radio.’ The Treatment was subsequently cancelled, and Heat went catastrophically down market.
Ian has written material for Stephen K Amos’s latest tour, accompanied Rob Brydon in a performance of ‘Delilah’ and was asked to write the script for what turned out to be Ned Sherrin’s final public appearance. One of the waspier gags made headlines in the LA Times. Credits include the 11 O’Clock Show, The Griff Rhys Jones Show and Brian Conley’s stage act. He has worked in script development for Hat Trick Productions, and acts as an uncredited consultant on a number of Radio 4 series. Mr Hawkins is available for all sorts of script work – from creating ideas to editing scripts for TV stage and radio. As a former agent at JLA, he has worked closely with some of the best speakers in the world – including Gorbachev and Bob Geldof.